For the Spring of 2019, I would like to pursue the following:
(1) Any great ideas and progressive agenda from you. Our school will be at its best when important agendas are faculty-driven. Let me be a great supporter of your great ideas, not the annoying manager who tries to drag the entire school in his own direction.
(2) KPI-related initiatives. Our school's KPI's are: (a) increasing the number of awards, and (b) eliminating achievement gaps and improving course learning outcomes.
(3) Transfer agreements and course equivalencies. With the help from discipline faculty, I will be reaching out to our frequent transfer partners (UMN, Augsburg, Metro, etc.) and working on optimizing the transfer pathways for our students. This would allow us to better serve our students and improve our degree programs.
(4) Planning new programs. The College supports our school to develop a new degree in Environmental Science and to study the opportunity of a pre-engineering or a broad field engineering degree.
(5) Promoting opportunities on improving teaching. Cheryl will continue to lead us in this important exploration, and I'll continue to advocate and support everyone in our school to find better ways to deliver excellent teaching to our student population.
(6) Visiting at least one 4-year transfer destination.
Is there anything our school should also pursue? Please let me know.
Dr. Ben Weng