Welcome to AY 19/20. As we begin the new semester, I would like to first look back on what we have done together as a team in Spring 2019. (You may want to check them against the objectives I set for Spring 2019.) We have:
For Fall 2019, I would like to focus on the following:
(1) Agendas our school would like to prioritize. I will be hosting a discussion at our first meeting on 8/22, and I shall follow up with action plans.
(2) Continuing the discussion on good teaching. Let's keep discussing teaching ideas and sharing good practices.
(3) Developing more transfer agreements and transfer guides.
(4) Providing great service to the college. None of our degree programs (MATH, BIOL or CHEM) graduated 2-digit-numbers of students in 2019. Our courses are in high demand mainly because they are needed by many other disciplines. It only makes sense that we calibrate these "service courses" and make them more relevant to students in all disciplines in the college. In Fall 2019, our school will initiate a curriculum conversation by BIOL, CHEM and NURSING.
(5) Learning more about your concerns. I will be hosting biweekly coffee hours at the Dunn Bros Coffee. Please join me and let's chat!
(6) Creating new programs. AS in Environmental Science is in the works, so are some other exciting opportunities.
Dr. Ben Weng